Classically trained, language agnostic software engineer well-versed in the concepts of OOA/OOD. Self-motivated problem-solver able to make a valuable contribution to the development process both as an individual and as a leader of a team.
- Applies powerful problem-solving/debugging skills and leverages diverse experience to provide both creative and dependable solutions to difficult problems.
- Strives to uphold standards of portability, maintainability, and consistency in application development to create code that is easily comprehensible and reusable by other developers.
- Searches for technology and leadership opportunities to encourage personal and organizational growth.
VB, C/C++, Java, RTOS, 2D/3D Graphics, Shell Scripting, PERL, Python, PHP, C++ Standard Library, OpenGL, Qt, MySQL, ORACLE, Linux, BeOS, IRIX, VxWorks, VMS, GDB, Valgrind, Lint
InventureIT, Dalton, GA.
Senior Software Engineer. January 2016 - present.
Collaborated with other developers on an agile team to enhance and expand company’s software portfolio for clients in various industries. Development projects included practice management software for the medical industry and intervention tracking for education.
- Architected reusable, multi-tenant web application using ASP.Net MVC and Entity Framework to enable teachers to track student interventions and learning progress.
- Enhanced pathology tracking software to allow physicians and assistants to easily track and update status of lab orders using simplified search criteria.
- Streamlined workflow of practice management software to increase efficiency in physician offices, decrease errors in data entry, and improve patient experience.
- Led and mentored other team members to improve software development and release processes and increase overall development efficiency.
Shaw Industries Group, Inc., Dalton, GA.
Senior Software Engineer. January 2013 - January 2016.
Systems Engineer. December 2007 - January 2013.
Participated in agile teams to improve and expand the company’s existing library of applications. Projects ranged from integration with external systems via web services to developing websites and desktop applications for the manufacturing floor.
- Led software architecture of several projects including a custom service bus, an efficiency and production tracking system, and a proprietary manufacturing process.
- Researched and evaluated new technologies for use in application development and led several presentations to encourage technical growth within the group.
- Coordinated efforts with external groups to integrate shop floor systems into HMI and order management applications on the manufacturing floor.
- Participated on an enterprise team to compose .Net development standards for the organization.
- Developed and deployed applications for managing and tracking production in a large-scale manufacturing environment.
Harrison Audio, LLC, LaVergne, TN.
Software Engineer. April 2005 - December 2007.
Worked with other developers to maintain and enhance the company's existing software for control and automation of audio mixing consoles. Worked on a variety of projects dealing with OpenGL-based graphics and networking in a real-time, multi-threaded programming environment.
- Designed a networking interface module to communicate with 3rd party audio workstation software to integrate existing console hardware with other software vendors.
- Led major refactoring of DSP software for use with shared memory in a real-time operating system which greatly increased efficiency and maintainability.
- Simplified and consolidated scripts for configuration of net-bootable OS servers for ease of installation in production and on-site updating.
Full resume: PDF [155K]